Re: A friend's cable modem Linux machine just got compromised

From: William N. Zanatta (williamat_private)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 06:12:45 PDT

    I'll take my guess: Beastkit. Following, there is an analysis of a RH
    7.2 compromised box, take a look there and compare your friend's system.

    http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/forensics/rootkits/beastkit.en.php

    William Zanatta

    -=[ "When you know Slackware you know Linux. When you know Red Hat, all
    you know is Red Hat" ]=-