Re: 'rooted' NT/2K boxen?

From: H C (keydet89at_private)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 13:26:18 PDT

    > I haven't seen any type of windows 'rootkit' myself.
    > For example a replacement of netstat, nbtstat,
    > route, and other utilities to give proccess
    > information etc...
    >
    > If anyone knows of any let me know I'm interested.
    > Of course the problem with getting windows
    > source is an issue.

    Older versions of Hoglund's NTRootkit are available
    here:
    http://www.megasecurity.org/Tools/Nt_rootkit_all.html

    The 'newest' version I've been able to find is here:
    http://www.ntndis.com/downloads.shtml

    click on "Windows NT Rootkit Source".

    Not sure how that applies to my original question, but
    there it is...