Re: exploited win2k box, not quite sure how:

From: Mike Lewinski (mikeat_private)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 12:13:32 PDT

    > Its definitely been broken into. PC-cillian bas picked up a few nimda
    > files, and there is a directory c:\tAGGEd with various subdirectories
    > under it, and an unopenable file C:\TaGGed By Ca$e.

    Sounds like a run-of-the-mill exploited anonymous FTP server to me. You got
    a world-writeable C: drive as ftproot? That will cause problems.... Use 'dir
    /x' to get MS-DOS 8.3 filenames, then you can use any other standard DOS
    commands to examine/remove it. Probably full of pirated software and movies.
    Check your FTP logs.