RE: Worms and CScript/WScript

From: Michael Wright (mwrightat_private)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 16:25:47 PDT

    The NSA guide, titled: "E-mail Security in the Wake of Recent Malicious Code
    Incidents" actually recommends disabling Windows Scripting Host by removing
    both cscript.exe and wscript.exe.

    I have added that to my logon script so that every time a user logs onto one
    of my networks, WSH is disabled.  Add that to a managed anti-virus solution
    that filters attachments by extension, and does real-time protection of both
    servers and workstations and you have a very effective virus/worm/trojan
    defense.

    You can download the afore mentioned NSA guide directly here:
    http://nsa2.www.conxion.com/emailexec/guides/eec-1.pdf
    or browse through all the NSA guides at http://www.nsa.gov