Re: scanning from WANADOO-CABLE-BD

From: Pieter-Bas IJdens (pieter-basat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 01:33:23 PDT

    This is done by an automated scanning tool called grim's ping. Take a look
    at http://grimsping.cjb.net/ to learn more about it. The software is used
    not to find vulnerable ftp servers, but to find misconfigured ftp servers
    that can be used to trade warez on.

    I think many people are being scanned by this tool. Most scans I get that
    follow this pattern either come from wanadoo.fr or t-dialin.net/t-online.de.
    These imo are the two european ISPs that have a large number of cable/dsl
    users, but are least likely to act on complaints.

      Pieter-Bas