Re: Worm1800.exe on UnderNet?

From: bonkat_private
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 16:12:08 PDT

    On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Kelly Brown wrote:

    > Did you look at the website.  They straight out say...

    If anyone has any questions about ongoing on Undernet, especially when it
    comes to trojan & virus removal, Grr8ful (grr8fulat_private) and puppet
    (puppetat_private) can certainly answer any questions you may have.
    These two along with several others have been at this sort of thing for
    many years on Undernet.

    > Kelly Brown
    > Unix System Administrator
    > Ericsson CDMA Systems
    >
    > On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, cw wrote:
    >
    > > Hi there folks,
    > > Twice in the past hour I have been messaged by two separate people on
    > > UnderNet.
    > >
    > > The message goes:
    > > :!Notice!: A Recent Port Scan on your Computer reveals that Port 1800
    > > is in open state. This usually means that you have been infected with
    > > an IRC Worm Virus. Please download the cleaner at:
    > > http://www.No-Hack.Us/Fixes/Worm1800.exe to remove the virus from
    > > your system. If you do not comply with this rule within 30 minutes,
    > > our client monitor will ban you from this network. -Thanks For
    > > Understanding. UNDERNet Exploit Team
    > >
    > > The nicks have both been Under-XXX (where XXX is a different set of
    > > numbers).
    > >
    > > For one, I know that port 1800 is not open however the file
    > > Worm1800.exe does not show up anything when scanned.
    > >
    > > Both of the users that messaged me were on pacbell.net adsl
    > >
    > > The domain no-hack.us was only registered 6 days ago.
    > >
    > > I don't have the spare time or computer to have a further look into
    > > what this file actually does, has anyone come across this yet and
    > > know what it does or is anyone willing to investigate?
    > > --
    > > O- cw, cwat_private on 20/06/2002
    > > "Part man, part monkey. Baby that's me"

    > > This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service.
    > > For more information on this free incident handling, management
    > > and tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com

    Travis
    www.cyberabuse.org/crimewatch
    Email: Bonkat_private | Bonkat_private