Re: backdoor

From: steveg (stevegat_private)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 01:09:41 PDT

    I am not a Sun expert by any means but this doesn't look like a compromise
    to me ..

    > 1. %nmap foo
    > 898/tcp    open        unknown

    Standard port for the SUN Management Console server.

    > 3. %netstat
    > 30001303a88 stream-ord 3000108acd8 00000000
    > /tmp/smc898/cmdsock

    This is the directory that smc uses to store PID etc... (check you should
    have a boot.pid file in there.)

    > 4. % /usr/local/bin/lsof -U
    > java    436 root   25u  unix 105,25      0t0 35169
    > /devices/pseudo/tl@0:ticots->
    > /tmp/smc898/cmdsock (0x30001303a88)
    > (Vnode=0x3000108acd8)

    Again I think that's pretty standard for SUN services being "tied" to
    pseudo devices.

    > Ok, What's happening?, I am very confused, the inode
    > number fsol show points to a direcroty and a character
    > device. How can i stop
    >  that listening binary?

    this is a service that should be started by smcboot check your /etc/rc#.d/
    directory (which ever runlvl you are in).

    of course if this is not a sun box then this is a little odd indeed...
    again not an expert with sun but this looks like a normal sun service.