RE: Stolen Card Purchases

From: Curley Mr Eric P (CurleyEPat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 08:03:42 PDT

    This type of offense falls under Title 18 Sec 1030 under US federal code as
    Fraud and related activity in connection with computers.  This Section
    covers Credit Card fraud and related activity.  The key to receiving LE
    support is the monetary value of the offense, the time duration of the
    activity and Identification of the source. Since this is a Federal offense,
    if you have all of your evidence together you should be able to contact an
    FBI field office and get some resolve.  The usual threshold of this offense
    is a monetary value of $5,000 US dollars within a one year duration.  If
    this commerce occurred over state and national lines, you may be able to
    contact the Department of customs.  They deal with issue of this nature
    along with Software Piracy and other such offenses.  I would suggest doing
    some homework on your states code and how they deal with such infractions.
    If you have this information in hand when contacting a LE agency they will
    be more receptive.