RE: TCP 1025 scanning worm?

From: Rob Keown (Keownat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 14:38:48 PDT

    Looking at Dshield http://www.dshield.org/port_report.php for port 1025 I
    don't see too much activity at all.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Richard Johnson [mailto:rdumpat_private]
    Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 3:38 PM
    To: incidentsat_private
    Subject: TCP 1025 scanning worm?

    Starting at 11:38:12 UTC on July 17, we started seeing full-network port
    scans looking for TCP port 1025.

    The sources are all Windows boxes listening on TCP port 1025.  The ramp up
    in volume from widely separated source IPs looks wormy.

    Is this a targeted attack against my nets, or are others seeing this
    scanning too?

    Richard