Scanning Port UDP 4668

From: Ken Grossman (kgrossmanat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 06:46:32 PDT

    All,

    One of the groups that I support has been seeing a lot of scanning for UDP
    port 4668.  Before you ask, they did not quantify "a lot".  One of the
    questions that they have is what are the scanners looking for that is
    running on that port.  I checked the IANA port listing at
    www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers and found that the port number (TCP
    and UDP) is unassigned.  I also performed a check on the SecurityFocus site
    to see if this had bee discussed before but found nothing on it.  Does
    anyone know what could be running on that port number?  Thanks for your
    assistance.

    Ken Grossman, CISSP
    kgrossmanat_private
    (202) 401-7142