Re: Q328691 ?

From: Baribault, Gary (garyat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 14:35:50 PDT

    Microsoft themselves have admitted that there was a dramatic increase in
    attacks on Win2K servers .. this is public knowledge .. they have not given
    out all of the details, and this 'could' be using known existing problems,
    but it did not sound like that from their explanations.

    They claim that they have .bat files and known Trojans from the compromised
    systems, but that they do not consider the attacks to be a 'worm'.

    I don't know why you are disputing the increase just because there have
    been no details revealed yet. The gentleman just said that there was an
    increase in attacks.

    Gary B