Re: Code Red / Nimda Antidote?

From: Brad Arlt (arltat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 12:20:27 PDT

    On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:28:49AM +0800, Clinton Smith wrote:
    > In the last three days - I have seen a Dramatic decrease in the number
    > of code red and nimda events:
    >
    > ie from 20-30 per day down to <3

    Actually I have seen the opposite, we used to get <3 a week, and I
    have gotten atleast 5 in the last four hours.  30 - 50 over the
    weekend.

    > Has there been an anti-worm etc released?
    >
    > Is anyone else seeing this trend?

    I am seeing the opposite trend, maybe I got yours :).  But I thought
    maybe there was another virus doing the rounds that used Nimda as a
    payload or a "I will try to infect this machine with myself and
    Nimda/Code Red".

    I was figuring the latter because I am seeing a few successive
    infection attempts, Klez, Yaha, and Nimda (or Code Red).  Could be
    coincidence, but I raised an eyebrow.
       __o		Bradley Arlt			Security Team Lead
     _ \<_		arltat_private		University Of Calgary
    (_)/(_) 	I should be biking right now.	Computer Science