Win2K Advaned Server compromise report available

From: Curt Wilson (netw3at_private)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 08:24:23 PDT

    Several weeks ago I left a msg about a compromise of a Win2K Advanced
    Server system. The system was attacked by Chinese (and other) attackers.
    I've written up a document on this incident and include links to some of
    the tools that were found on the server.

    The documents can be found at the Netw3 Security Research web site at
    http://www.netw3.com. The most recent HTML document in the reading room is
    what you will want to view, as it has links to the attacker tools that
    were found, or you can view the document directly at
    http://www.netw3.com/documents/win2k_attack_chinese.htm

    PipeCmdSrv.exe was found on the system, which is the server side component
    of PipeCmd.exe, which runs with NtCmd.exe on the attacking client.
    PipeCmd.exe comes in the Fluxay attack toolkit (which has also been called
    an auto-rooter), but PipeCmdSrv.exe does not appear to be publicly
    available from what I have seen so far. A translated link from a Chinese
    hacker web site is included in the report that discusses the use of the
    PipeCmd.exe and PipeCmdSrv.exe tools. I was somewhat suprised to find no
    reference to these tools on the usual array of security sites
    (packetstorm, etc.) but I suppose one can't account for everything out
    there.

    Antivirus companies and other malware detectors may want to obtain the
    PipeCmd tools from the Netw3.com site and generate product signatures.

    Curt Wilson
    Netw3 Security Research
    netw3at_private (my normal mailbox at premis.lod.com appears to be down)