Analysis of Modap worm

From: Mario van Velzen (mvelzenat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 16:30:11 PDT

    Greetings,

    We have completed and released our analysis of the Modap worm, which has
    been targeting Apache Web servers running vulnerable versions of OpenSSL.

    In addition, we have also released to the public our initial Incident
    Alert on this issue, available at:
    http://analyzer.securityfocus.com/alerts/020913-Alert-Apache-mod_ssl-Exploit.pdf

    The full analysis is available at:
    http://analyzer.securityfocus.com/alerts/020916-Analysis-Modap.pdf

    If you have any comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact
    me.

    Cheers,

    Mario Van Velzen, mvelzenat_private
    DeepSight Threat Management System, Symantec