Re: What's on udp/2002 ?

From: rewtat_private
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 11:49:07 PDT

    I was looking through the source of one of those apache-ssl worms that
    have been kicking around recently. I'm not sure of the name of this one,
    I got it through a friend. He had found it on a compromised machine.

    Anyway, this part of the source might give you a clue...

    --CUT--
    #define PORT            2002
    --CUT--

    It looks like this thing uses port 2002 to communicate in it's
    peer-to-peer way. You might want to check your machines for that worm. If
    recent posts are correct, than you should find a 'bugtraq' process running
    on the infected machine. If you want to look at the source, contact me and
    I can forward it to you. Otherwise a quick google search should help out.

    Cheers.

    Jonathan Freedman
    Packet Mountain, Ltd