Linux Slapper Worm and Linksys

From: James Williams (jwilliamsat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 06:11:56 PDT

    Has anybody heard of or seen the Slapper worm DoS a Linksys SOHO router out
    of commission? A co-worker whose machine had been infected over the weekend
    had his linksys router die over the same period that his box had been
    infected with the worm. I know that Nimda had a similar affect on the Cisco
    67x Series ADSL routers running a certain firmware revision and I was
    wondering if the Slapper had a similar affect with the Linksys SOHO routers.

    James Williams
    Network Systems Technician
    West Texas A&M University
    http://www.wtamu.edu