Port 137 probes

From: Bubsy (pizzapoweredat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 23:11:42 PDT

    After I saw that you guys were getting more port 137's than usual, I
    looked at my logs. I found that I was also getting far more port 137's
    than usual :) so I took a break from what I was doing to see what was up.
    The remote port was almost always 1025, and the suspect only sent one
    attempt each time. I did the 10 second look on a suspect machine with an
    open share and found scrsvr.exe , which I believe to be the culprit, it
    seems so cut and dried that I'm not even gonna sandbox it. Read more here -

    http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99729

    Well, there ya go, comes to life ~the 28th, bang boom zoom.

    All good things to all good people!