RE: popup msg spamming

From: Pavel Kankovsky (peakat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 14:28:48 PDT

    On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Hay,Daniel wrote:

    > We are in the same boat, We have udp/tcp 135-139 and 445 blocked but
    > we still see the spam.

    At least in theory, one might probe (unfiltered) ports above 1024, esp.
    1029/udp and 1030/udp (*), and check directly whether the messenger
    service is listening there.

    (*) AFAICT, in 90 % of cases, the messenger service is listening in one of
    those two ports.

    --Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak
    "Welcome to the Czech Republic. Bring your own lifeboats."