RE: anoat_private ftpd dip.t-dialin.net

From: Rick Darsey (rdarseyat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 05:50:19 PST

    Although I have not seen this particular item, I have blocked any access
    from
    dip-t-dial.net to any of my servers. Over the last 2 years, I have seen
    repeated
    attempts to log into my ftp servers using various exploits, and attempts to
    gain
    access to these servers via telnet.  I have notified the admins at
    "dipsters" several
    times, with no success.  It would seem that there are a number of
    hackers/crackers that
    work from dip-t, or spoof the IP block, and the admins do not seem to think
    it is
    necessary to do anything about it. Another one is wanadoo.fr, I have seen
    the same
    pattern of attempts from them as well.

    Rick