RE: Script I haven't seen? Or human directed?

From: James C Slora Jr (Jim.Sloraat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 10:37:38 PST

    Keith T. Morgan wrote Thursday, November 07, 2002 9:18 AM

    > However, some of the details of the GET requests, I haven't seen before
    today.  Here's an example GET.

    http://216.12.96.114/scripts/boo.bat/..%C1%9C..%C1%9C..%C1%9C..%C1%9C.%C1%9C
    ..%C1%9C..%C1%9Cwinnt/system32/cmd.exe?/c+echo+MinhaNossaSenhoraDoPerpetuoSo
    corro

    > I haven't seen requests for a boo.bat.  I also haven't seen this
    particular echo command that was common to all of the requests for cmd.exe.
    Every one of them attempted to echo "MinhaNossaSenhoraDoPerpetuoSocorro"

    Old script or modified version -
    http://www.securiteam.com/tools/5FP0N0K4AY.html

    Boo.bat is a directory name in this request. The request traverses downward
    to (nonexistent) boo.bat then up to the root and back down to system32 to
    execute the cmd echo.

    The echo is Portuguese for "Our Lady of Perpetual Aid".

    - Jim