Re: Unicode Attack (FOLLOW UP)

From: Mike Lewinski (mikeat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 14:50:36 PST

    Jeremy Junginger wrote:

    > Interesting how they "are not able to investigate SPAM or abuse reports
    > relating to these ranges."  Looks like a perfect place for a zombie.
    > Thoughts?  What would you do?

    APNIC can't investigate because they don't control the end systems where
    the abuse originates. APNIC is the regional registry in charge of
    assigning IP space to all networks in the Asia-Pacific region (including
    Australia and New Zealand).

    Redirecting your query to whois.apnic.net as the ARIN whois suggests
    should yield the proper address to send your lart.

    I normally use geektools ipwhois because it will recurse the queries for
    me as needed in most cases:

    $ whois -h whois.geektools.com 210.201.100.253
    Query:     210.201.100.253
    Registry:  whois.apnic.net
    Results:
    % [whois.apnic.net node-1]
    % How to use this server        http://www.apnic.net/db/
    % Whois data copyright terms    http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

    inetnum:      210.201.100.128 - 210.201.100.255
    netname:      CMEF-HT-AP
    descr:        Chen Mei Fen Co.
    descr:        B1, No.30-20, Wen-Hua Rd., Min-Xiong Country,
    descr:        Jia-Yi County, Taiwan, R.O.C.
    country:      TW
    admin-c:      MC498-AP
    tech-c:       MC498-AP
    mnt-by:       MAINT-TW-APOL
    changed:      admat_private 20020531
    status:       ASSIGNED NON-PORTABLE
    source:       APNIC
    changed:      hm-changedat_private  20020827

    person:       Mei-Fen Chen
    address:      B1, No.30-20, Wen-Hua Rd., Min-Xiong Country,
    address:      Jia-Yi County, Taiwan, R.O.C.
    country:      TW
    phone:        +886-5-2062845
    fax-no:       +886-5-2062845
    e-mail:       spamat_private