Re: Proxy server hit... Any ideas?

From: Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooijat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 13:08:43 PST

    On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Mike Cain wrote:

    > Well, I have had my first run-in with a hacker, or was it a virus? I'm
    > not 100% sure.. Guess I should start from the beginning...

    From the information provided it seems you may have multiple root kits on
    the system.

    If are not absolutely confident in tracking all bits and bolts on this
    system I would advise you either hire someone to do this for you or
    considere the machine a loss and remove it from the net alltogether and
    scratch it's content.

    Before you put a new system online make sure you know the system is
    secured. Again either acquire the skills yourself or be prepared to pay
    for someone who does have them.

    Hugo.

        hvdkooijat_private		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
    	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.