Re: Port 1080

From: D.Spezialie (dspezialieat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 22:55:56 PST

    Dear Chris,

    Port 1080 is a Socks Proxy port,  on that note if you server is a Redhat
    distro I would put my money on the Redhat Network Update Tool that is
    misconfigured/not-configured.  I have expierienced this type of activity
    before from the Redhat 7.3 and 8.0 distros trying to contact RHN
    *constantly* through my firewall.  On those distros the RHN daemon "out
    of the box" is started automatically.

    D.