Bad protocol version identification '^V^C^A'

From: Randy Millis (rmillislat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 08:42:25 PST

    Had the following entries in brought to my attention by LogWatch this
    morning.

    Can anyone guide me to what they might be and if I need to be concerned
    about them?

    Thanks.

    **Unmatched Entries**
    Bad protocol version identification '^V^C^A' from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Bad protocol version identification '^V^C' from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Bad protocol version identification '`' from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Bad protocol version identification '`/bin/id` #' from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Bad protocol version identification '`/usr/bin/id` #' from
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx