RE: A small quandary

From: Jerry Shenk (jshenkat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 05:35:36 PST

    Those 'attacks' are all fairly common of scripted attacks, trojans, etc.  If
    you know that this traffic is coming from this 'hostile' business
    acquanitance (how do you know that?), then perhaps it's worth keeping track
    of.  If HBA has a static address, then it might be worth scanning the logs
    to see what other pages he's tried to get to.  It might also be interesting
    to check the times on the 'attacks' - if the times are very fast, then it's
    possible he's using an attack tool or perhaps he's become the unwitting host
    to a hostile trojan.

    I'd hang onto the information so that if this does end up being an actual
    attack you'll have evidence to support your accusation but I don't think you
    have enough yet.  There are too many logical explanations for this traffic.