RE: Odd entries in my Security Router logs

From: Andrews, Jonathan (US - Hermitage) (joandrewsat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 09:17:54 PST

    192.168.0.0/16 is a privately addressed netblock.  These packets could not
    be routed over the Internet.  Do you NAT at your edge router and were these
    traces obtained from the "internal" interface of your router?

    If so, this would have to be something on your internal network broadcasting
    this traffic.

    Jonathan Andrews, CISSP CCSA
    Sr. Information Security Analyst
    Network Security Group