Re: Worm on 445/tcp?

From: Stephen Friedl (steveat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 17:46:55 PST

    > my second octect is 144, above the 127 rule. but, unless you are reading
    > backwards (and the second being the third and the fourth being the first)
    > then the 216 is still above the 127 rule... Then again, i may have missed
    > part of the posts and spt could be originating from 445 as well, which in
    > that case this could be just regular network rejects as usual.

    Your logs were almost certainly not from this worm: the code is quite clear
    that the second and fourth octets (1.*2*.3.*4*) won't be above 127, and
    I do not believe this worm was even around back on the 9th - myNetWatchman
    first saw this activity on the 14th.

    Looks like yer usual internet riff-raff to me :-)

    Steve

    ---
    Stephen J Friedl | Software Consultant | Tustin, CA |   +1 714 544-6561
    www.unixwiz.net  | I speak for me only |   KA8CMY   | steveat_private