Re: fswserv.html ????

From: james (jameshat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 11:17:31 PST

    > I suggest not letting the servers get the page they are
    requesting - I've
    > done things like that before, and when I 'allowed' the
    pages to be
    > accessed, requests skyrocketed.

    Yep, that is what happened. But I expected it to, so no big
    woo.
    At that point I was still trying to decide if this was
    hostile or just a stupid mistake.
    So I considered dev's idea and tried it for a little while
    before I null0 routed this traffic.
    I am pretty sure it was just stupidity that caused this; as
    a DoS it had no hope of taking down
    a multi-processor BSDi web server.

    Thanks again for all the help !

    James Edwards
    jameshat_private
    At the Santa Fe Office: Internet at Cyber Mesa
    Store hours: 9-6 Monday through Friday
    Phone support 365 days till 10 pm via the Santa Fe office:
    505-988-9200