Re: fswserv.html ????

From: Adam Bultman (adambat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 10:25:05 PST

    > I haven't seen anything like this before but have you thought about
    > contacting the Tech for that CIDR or 'abuseat_private'.  Other than that
    > try killing the connections with a firewall rule or Apache ACL, or
    > create a empty page so the client can request it and see if it will go
    > away after a successfull get request.  Whois details below.

    I suggest not letting the servers get the page they are requesting - I've
    done things like that before, and when I 'allowed' the pages to be
    accessed, requests skyrocketed.  When I blocked the requests altogether,
    they still persisted, but abated over time.

    Note: I still get requests, but they no longer take any bandwidth.

    Adam