Re: hpd, afb, sc, and sn

From: gminick (gminickat_private)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 02:53:33 PST

    On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 02:11:31PM -0700, Gordon Chamberlin wrote:
    > I found suspicious looking files on a Redhat 7.1 Linux server earlier
    > today.  Can anyone confirm or deny that the machine has been hacked?
    Yes, you've been cracked, but it's hard to say what toolkit was
    used since I've never heard of any that's using binaries such as
    afb, sn or sc. Can you provide these files to us (put it on
    WWW or sth like that) ?

    > namp reports the following ports open:
    > Port       State       Service
    > 5/tcp      open        rje
    [...]
    > 8009/tcp   open        ajp13

    > Anyone know about this hack, what afb does and/or how they usually get
    > in?
    It's important to determine what services you've been providing
    before attack. From nmap's output we can say that vulnerabilities
    (for example) in sunrpc or your ssh server or DNS server were used
    to get in.

    --
    [ ] gminick (at) underground.org.pl  http://gminick.linuxsecurity.pl/ [ ]
    [ "Po prostu lubie poranna samotnosc, bo wtedy kawa smakuje najlepiej." ]