Re: hpd, afb, sc, and sn

From: Brad Arlt (arltat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 14:28:48 PST

    On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 02:11:31PM -0700, Gordon Chamberlin wrote:
    > I found suspicious looking files on a Redhat 7.1 Linux server earlier
    > today.  Can anyone confirm or deny that the machine has been hacked?

    Oh ya.  Maybe more than once.

    > According to an rpm -V, all kinds of binaries have been changed: ps,
    > top, netstat, ifconfig, ...
    >
    > I copied a good version of ps in and found the two afb processes
    > running.
    >
    > Anyone know about this hack, what afb does and/or how they usually get
    > in?

    http://www.chkrootkit.org/

    Chkrootkit might be able to diagnose your problems.  I'd hit
    http://www.google.com, and http://isc.incidents.org/ and see what pops
    up.
       __o		Bradley Arlt			Security Team Lead
     _ \<_		arltat_private		University Of Calgary
    (_)/(_) 	I should be biking right now.	Computer Science