Re: RPAT - Realtime Proxy Abuse Triangulation

From: Mathias Wegner (mwegnerat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 24 2002 - 09:21:31 PST

    > I would be very nervous about running this, remote SNMP queries of someone
    > elses system (say a .gov or .mil proxy) may be considered illegal activity
    > in some jurisdictions.

    Depending on the SNMP daemon, it would/should be as illegal as opening an ssh
    investigating the system from the command line.  Most SNMP offers at least
    some amount of configuration via the read/write community.  I know that when
    I see SNMP queries on network hardware that I manage, I consider it hostile
    activity.

    mathias