Re: PDL anti-spam blacklist

From: jlewisat_private
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 11:49:55 PST

    On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, John Paul wrote:

    > My personal IP range is blacklisted by these guys for some reason. Looks
    > like the PDL is somehow "enforcing" my ISP's TOS and/or AUP, go figure...
    >
    > #1 Has anyone else run into this "service"?
    > #2 Has anyone successfully had themselves removed from the list? If so, was
    > the process like bad dental work?
    >
    > http://www.pan-am.ca/pdl/

    AFAIK, PDL is Gordon Fecyk's reincarnation of the MAPs DUL (which MAPs
    actually bought from him in the first place).  It's basically a list of
    IPs that he believes to be in use as dynamic IPs either via in-addr.arpa
    DNS, whois data, or ISP submission.  I suspect getting removed should be
    easy if your IP really isn't dynamic.

    BTW...any autoresponders that reply (especially vacation ones) will have
    their message bounced back to the sender.  Get a clue you people.  Don't
    setup autoresponders that reply to mailing list mail.  I don't care that
    you're out of the office.  I never even knew you were in the office.

     Jon Lewis *jlewisat_private*|  I route
     Atlantic Net                |