Re: Curious "spam" (or broken viral payload)...

From: John Washington (jawashinat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 22:38:23 PST

    >	So, all things considered, am I:
    >
    >	1.  looking at the output from a broken mail worm, or;
    >	2.  dealing with a second- or third-rate spammer who just doesn't
    >	    know what the heck he's spewing out, or;
    >	3.  receiving an attempted spam mail through a broken web->mail
    >	    gateway, or;
    >	4.  none of the above?

    One possible addition to the list is a spammer trying to verify (I have
    gotten many messages from spammers selling "verified" e-mail addresses)
    that you are a legit address.

    > arroat_private and inform them of the time the error occurred,

    I went to the arro.ru page, and from the looks I would allow the
    possibility that this was an attempt to verify it, and more oddly on the
    front page it has a link with the title "my spam CANCLED" pointing to a
    (seemingly) broken page.

    John Washington