Re: strange attacks - flood udp packets from 1030 to msql

From: Víctor (ixnayat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 12:11:22 PST

    is the sapphire worm
    for further reference see the bugtraq list (you can see it online via mail2web systems)

    the code of the worm is disasembled here
    http://www.boredom.org/~cstone/worm-annotated.txt and here
    http://www.digitaloffense.net/worms/mssql_udp_worm/

    simply firewall this
    PROTO=UDP SPT=1518 DPT=1434
    PROTO=UDP SPT=1032 DPT=1434
    PROTO=UDP SPT=1077 DPT=1434
    PROTO=UDP SPT=4319 DPT=1434

    or apply the last service pack+hostfixes to microsoft sql server 2000
    http://thor.stech.psi.br/ms-update/Q323875_SQL2000_SP2_en.EXE
    this is the security fix
    download original from
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-039.asp but someone is said that there are problems because all people are getting the patch now and the server is full

    there are some people reporting network failures over switches because the worm made so much icmp packets to broadcast in a intend to amplify th ddos.

    the backbone internet routers were collapsed, we are in one of the most wirespread ddos in all the internet's history

    have a nice day