RE: Firewall logging port 6346

From: Christopher Wagner (chriswat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 16:02:03 PST

    If you are using a dynamic ip then the obvious answer is the correct one.
    Most likely the person on that IP before you was sitting on the Gnutella
    network for some time.  I know of no specific malware that uses this port (I
    don't know everything though!!!!)  I would be unconcerned.  It does not mean
    the network is broken there in Italy, it just means that the client on that
    end is attempting to resume a download they were transferring before from
    that client (instead of searching again to find different sources).

    - Christopher Wagner
    chriswat_private

    Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
    P.O. Box 9144
    San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
    http://www.pacaids.com/
    (415) 454-4868 x116