Firewall logging port 6346

From: Jos Kirps|EducDesign (jos.kirpsat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 10:21:44 PST

    My firewall has logged 131.114.2.90 trying to connect to
    my port 6346, this has been happening for quite some time
    now, about once a minute.

    I know that this is the standard port for Gnutella (it also
    says gnutella-svc), but I would like to know if this is just
    a server trying to connect to the wrong machine (I'm using
    a modem to connect to the internet, dynamic IP, maybe
    someone was communicating with 131.114.2.90 before
    I connected using this IP?), or could this be some malware?

    I traced the 131.114.2.90 machine back to ser-fib.unipi.it
    (131.114.191.50), but traceroute couldn't get any further.
    Could this mean that the network is slow / broken down
    there in Italy (I suppose it's Italy).

    Best regards,

    Jos Kirps

    EducDesign S.A.
    Where Learning and Technology meet

    20, rue de l'Ecole, L-3233 Bettembourg
    Luxembourg (Europe)
    tel. +352 51 66 52
    fax. +352 52 26 76
    http://www.educdesign.lu
    infoat_private
    IT-Services
    Intranet-Internet Solutions & Multimedia
    Innovation Managment & Project Development
    Consulting, Training & Coaching in IT and Education