The 4 line ad at the bottom of this post..

From: Alfred Huger (ahat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 16:32:12 PST

    Heya all,

    Forgive me if you've already read this post as I am cross posting it to
    several of the lists here at SecurityFocus. I am soliciting data and
    regrettably not all of our users are on the same lists so I need to send
    the same questions out several times. Over the last year or so there has
    been a 4 line advert attached to the end of each outgoing Pen-Test and
    Incidents mailing list messages. I am considering changing these ads so
    that SecurityFocus is not the only advertiser on them while keeping the 4
    line limit and as an appended item only. My goal here is to make this list
    and the website which hosts it a self sufficient community, something it
    requires in order to guarantee its longevity. When I changed the initial
    outgoing messages a year ago no one complained. However Id like to touch
    base here again before I should choose to move ahead. Like I said earlier
    this is about sustainable community meaning it needs to pay for itself or
    at least contribute something back. Your thoughts on this are appreciated.

    -al

    P.S. This will not be an issue for all mailing lists here and in
    particular NOT for Bugtraq.

    Alfred Huger
    Symantec Corp.