Re: Distributed spam-based DoS in progress

From: Valdis.Kletnieksat_private
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 11:48:38 PST

    On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 07:48:20 +0100, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooijat_private>  said:

    > Pardon me for noting that your mailserver seems to be broken.
    >
    > If a message is undeliverable it will be bounced BUT if the bounce message
    > can not be delivered it will be discarded immediatly to prevent double
    > bounce loops.
    >
    > See also RFC 2821 section 4.5.5

    Umm.. you're overlooking the case where you get a message, have to bounce it,
    and the other end doesn't answer a SYN on port 25, so you have to sit on
    it for several days before the message times out.....

    So yes, the message *will* be discarded immediately - 5 days from now. ;)
    --
    				Valdis Kletnieks
    				Computer Systems Senior Engineer