Re: Real-world attacks on sendmail CA-2003-07 seen

From: Bennett Todd (betat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 10:52:35 PST

    2003-03-07T22:31:41 jlewisat_private:
    > I've seen several of these too.  Were yours from the same or similar
    > hosts, or all from different sources?

    A very good question. If I can lay my hands on the answer, I'll
    post a followup with it. At the moment, I'm guessing that that Mike
    Tancsa was right, and that what I was actually seeing was spam
    that provoked this log message, and not an attempt at exploiting
    CA-2003-07 after all.

    Sufficient evidence for that (absent details on the messages, which
    I haven't yet tracked down) would be that nobody else has reported
    any such exploit activity going on.

    My apologies for jumping the gun without researching the matter
    adequately.

    -Bennett