RE: CodeRed Observations.

From: Rob Shein (shotenat_private)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 18:08:08 PST

    From the testing I've just recently done, however, this is not the case.
    Every time, no matter what I do, IE and IIS three-way before any data goes
    anywhere in either direction.  Also, another question has come up in my
    mind; if IE can just PSH its request to IIS without handshaking, it can save
    time, sure.  But how does it know what kind of webserver it's about to start
    talking to?  I don't see how this idea would work, so I'm wondering if there
    are any references besides an anectdotal comment in that blog out there.

    <Pre>Lose another weekend managing your IDS?
    Take back your personal time.
    15-day free trial of StillSecure Border Guard.</Pre>
    <A href="http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure"> http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure </A>