RE: California State Bill SB1386

From: Rohrer, Mark E (mark.e.rohrerat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 13:29:33 PST

    Unfortunately, as with many laws, it will probably take a tort to bring this
    issue to judicial litigation where it will then be addressed, potentially
    appealed, possibly supremed, and finally referred back to the legislative
    body to clarify exactly what they meant by "encrypted," and then the task
    will be to craft a living definition that doesn't expire with the advance of
    algorithms and technology that compromises current existing encryption.
    Does anyone trust DES to secure their private data these days?

    Mark
    "Give credit where credit is due; from all others, get change."