RE: Why alerts on ports 1025-1029, 1036

From: Stuart Wallace (Stuartat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 00:14:12 PST

    Thats usually responses coming back from a nameserver, replying to original
    source port of the query.

    e.g. your resolver sends a query to the nameserver on port 53 but with an
    arbitrary source port (normally from 1024 upward...), the nameserver
    responds to the source port your resolver chose....

    Regards

    Stuart Wallace
    stuartat_private