ATD OpenSSL Mass Exploiter Analysis (another "/sumthin" scan tool)

From: Joe Stewart (jstewartat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 14:54:54 PDT

    There have been several posts over the past few months inquiring about http
    requests with the fingerprint "GET /sumthin HTTP/1.0". One poster found source
    code and posted it here:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/75/313283/2003-02-23/2003-03-01/2

    I have however come across a completely different tool that uses the same
    GET request. It may be a second version of the tool, but the package has
    some interesting properties, perhaps even a surprise for the script kiddies
    who are using it.  It comes packaged as a set of binaries, so I have
    disassembled it and have posted an analysis here:

    http://www.lurhq.com/atd.htm

    -Joe

    --
    Joe Stewart, GCIH
    Senior Intrusion Analyst

    <b>
    Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
    SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
    protection.
    http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-incidents2
    Download your free fully functional
    trial, complete with 30-days of free technical support.
    Stop SPAM before it stops you.
    </b>