New SecurityFocus article: Specter: A Commercial Honeypot Solution for Windows

From: Dan Hanson (dhansonat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 09:37:17 PDT

    Specter: A Commercial Honeypot Solution for Windows

    By Lance Spitzner

    This is the third installment in an ongoing series of articles looking at
    honeypots. In the first two papers, we discussed the OpenSource honeypot
    Honeyd, how it works, and a deployment in the wild. In this paper we will
    look at a different honeypot, the commercially supported solution,
    Specter.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1683

    Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
    SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
    protection.
    http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-incidents2
    Download your free fully functional
    trial, complete with 30-days of free technical support.
    Stop SPAM before it stops you.