Re: Source 126.0.0.1 UDP/137

From: D Sanchez (crypto-mapat_private)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 22:45:16 PDT

    That's a signature of the worm network.vbs scanning over TCP137.  Make sure
    you're not allowing netbios (137...) un-established inbound from the
    internet on your firewall.   The reason you're seeing it on the firewall is
    because its it probably following the default route (0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0) out to
    the internet since you don't have a route for this network.  check your
    router by showing route for 126.0.0.0, if you don't have a route for this,
    chances are that the default route on your network is pointed at your
    firewall's inside interface.  shut down netbios on the inside interface of
    the firewall too.  Scan all inside hosts for virus, you'll find an infected
    one.  you must be using windows.

    http://www.sans.org/resources/idfaq/port_137.php

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/vbs.network.html