RE: BIND Crash

From: Mark Ng (laptopalias1-markat_private)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 17:47:34 PDT

    I've since noted on investigation that the client was/is running a version
    of BIND that is vulnerable to several exploits (8.3.3) - so this looks
    perhaps like someone is using old exploits in a fairly widespread manner (I
    think all of our reports are from England or West Europe so far ?).
    Hopefully it's not a worm, I'd guess if that were the case, we would have
    noticed it fairly heavily by now, as whatever it is has been going for at
    least 24 hours.