Re: Scans from proxyprotector.com

From: Erik Fichtner (techsat_private)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 10:55:42 PDT

    On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 11:19:35PM -0700, Kurt Seifried wrote:
    > Great. So that only took 2 weeks. Stellar. Does anyone know of a site that
    > lists ISP's (and their network blocks) with track records such as the above?
    > Sort of a post-incident blacklist of sites that don't respond.

    Dude.  Two weeks is *great*, unfortunately.

    For example, I just got a response YESTERDAY to a complaint that I sent out
    on September 5th, 2002.

    Average response time for abuse complaints from any ISP with more than a
    couple of guys working in the abuse department is three weeks.  The really
    sad part is that if the machine is still running three weeks later, it
    will take an act of congress to get it fixed.

    Basically no one gives a shit about abuse from their network until they're
    blacklisted for it.

    --
                            Erik Fichtner; Unix Ronin
                        http://www.obfuscation.org/techs/