RE: [ANNOUNCE] protocol watcher

From: Jerry Shenk (jshenkat_private)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 12:10:24 PDT

    That does sound like a pretty decent idea.  I know when I pen-test a Raptor
    firewall, it reports so many ports as being open that it's a bit of a
    nuisance to sort through what's really open and what's not.  From the
    security side, this gives the 'victim' plenty of time to track this incoming
    junk while the attacker's fumbling around trying to figure out what's real
    and what isn't.

    One major issue I see...How vulnerable to attack do you think that will be?
    If that method of defense were detected, an attacker chew up a lot of
    resources but scanning fast.