Re: Possible Intrusion Attempt?

From: Andersson (no email) (devnull@pole-position.org)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 02:53:50 PDT

    Rob Shein wrote:
    > I'm a little fuzzy about this part...how do you prevent people from
    > accepting HTML mail, and considering how many mail clients out there send it
    > by default, what do you do when all of a sudden a large percentage of people
    > can't email you anymore?

    I'm yet to see a MUA that sends html without also sending a text
    alternative (not that I've done a comprehensive study). All mail I've
    ever received with ONLY html has been spam, and one may actually use
    that as (part of) spam detection.

    As a side note, Mozilla's "View/Message Body As/Plain Text" alternative
    is great. It does translate html to text if there is no text
    alternative. It doesn't connect to any external references (like
    1x1-pixel tracker pics). I've used this since I found out it was there,
    and I have had no problems at all. The "large percentage of people" is
    actually zero!

    /R